Sunday, October 25, 2009

its a BABY!

i had my ultrasound on friday. i was trying to add them all up, and i'm pretty sure it was the 21st or 22nd ultrasound of my lifetime. although i pretty much know what to expect, i still get crazy nervous to lay on the table and see my baby on the screen. i guess i'm just the pessimist who is always afraid of bad news. but thankfully, this friday and this ultrasound, we heard nothing but GOOD news and saw a healthy, healthy baby!! all of the measurements matched my due date perfectly, and the baby was estimated at weighing 1 pound 3 ounces. we were undecided going into it if we wanted to find out the sex of the baby. dustin definitely wanted to know, and i was leaning towards not knowing. i thought it would be nice to have a surprise for my last baby. but, in the end, dustin won. he was insisting that he could find out and not tell me, but i wasn't so sure about that. then the ultrasound tech said she couldn't tell him if i didn't want to know. what the heck...i've done it both ways--surprise at birth and surprise at 20 some weeks, and there really isn't one thats better than the other. so besides knowing that the baby is healthy, i DO know the sex. and don't ask me, because i will NOT tell you. there isn't a bribe you can offer me that will drag the news out of me, so don't even try. (doug) unless of course you want to pay off my van loan or dustin's school loan.

i pray now for a continued healthy pregnancy and uncomplicated birth here in a few months. we throw around the name Jehovah Jireh--God my Provider--when it comes to money, but there are many things more important than money. its in those things that I can rest in knowing that Jehovah Jireh, God that Provides, is the one who sees ahead and makes a way for me and for the life in my womb!

2 comments: