Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Name

Dustin, my valiant fighter.
Cana, pure in all her ways.
Judah, praised gift of Jehovah.
Eden, delightful and radiant.
Simone, a child who is an answer from God.
Nadia, hope made flesh.

Each name holds special meaning. The power of a name is amazing. Do we become our name or can a name truly come from the heart of God and be destined for a person? ?The second is possible I suppose if we believe that the same God that knew the prophet Jeremiah before he was in his mother's womb also knows each one of us. Is it a coincidence that the name Levi Abbott means "a man united with God the Father" and was given to my son who now rests in the spirit of God before we ever knew his flawed body would be incompatible with life on this earth?

I wonder about this life that is now growing in my womb. Who is he? Who is she? What name will this one carry?

No comments:

Post a Comment