Monday, July 12, 2010

11:27

Over ten years ago when I was in college at Fairmont State, I noticed that very often when I looked at the clock either in the morning or late at night, the time read 11:27.  I don't know how many times it occurred before I realized that 11:27 (November 27th) is my birthday!  Upon that realization, I thought it was pretty cool that I happened to see it so often on a clock face.  Seeing the clock say 11:27 fairly often continued on for several years.  I would comment about it to Dustin, and I'm suspecting he thought I was somewhat crazy!  I would tell him that several times a week I would look at the clock and see my birthday.  Fast forward to about five years ago.   Still seeing 11:27 with great regularity throughout a week, I questioned in my heart what it could mean.  Seriously...was it just a coincidence or was there some "force" behind me seeing this particular time so very very often??   I am not one to boast on hearing God's voice or to throw around the phrase, "God said", but at the moment of my question, I honestly felt God's spirit say to me that He wanted me to know that HE knew me and planned for me.  He knew me in my mother's womb, planned the day of my birth, and has set the course for my life. My life was not an accident.  I was in awe.  So simple.  11:27.  What a cool way for God to communicate to me.  I might have told Dustin about what I felt God say, but I have never told anyone else until very recently (within this year probably). 

THEN...last week when I was in Rockford, I found out that when my brother looks at the clock it very very often says 9:20, which was the TIME of his birth.  He said he sees it so often that he can almost predict it...like the second he asks or glances at the time, he almost KNOWS what its going to say before he sees it.  So, I told him, Rachel, and KayCee about my 11:27 phenomenon.

Last night I was in the bath and had been for quite some time.  I was just reading and relaxing.  All of a sudden I got very tired...so tired that I felt nauseous.  As much as I wanted to sit in the tub and continue my book, I got out quickly, put my PJs on, and brushed my teeth.  I had the thought, "What are the chances that I would go in my room right now and the clock say 11:27?  It would just be strange because I've been in the tub for all this time, and if I chose this exact moment to get out and look at the clock and it say that????  It would just be tooooooo weird.".   So I tiptoed in my room (Reuben was sleeping), peeked over my bed to the alarm clock, and nearly fainted.  11:27.  My toes went numb and my heart skipped a beat as I heard the spirit of God say, "How many times do I have to tell you?"

3 comments:

  1. i looked at the clock almost every single day at 3:04 when we lived in canada. nobody really believed me, either.

    it stopped promptly when we moved home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I have both noticed that we see our birthdays on the clock. 12:12 for her and 6:22 for me. I think you are definitely on to something here. What a great way for God to speak to us!

    ReplyDelete