Wednesday, December 16, 2009

no crafts please

if i could hire someone to teach or if i could co-op one area of homeschooling, it would be CRAFTS. i guess the technical term would be "art", but at the age my kids are, they pretty much just want to make crafts. and i dislike every aspect of it--from finding an idea to storing the items when finished. uffda uffda uffda. one good reason to send simone to preschool within the school system would be so that she can learn how to use scissors and glue! i am not creative, artistic, or "crafty". i'm glad for miss barb and chris who had the kids come and bake and paint christmas tree ornaments, and i'm thankful for jill who is teaching candle making this saturday. i am thrilled that my kids get excited over a pack of new markers or colored pencils and drawing paper. and i've come to be ok with my anti-craftiness.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...I just sat here for over an hour and read all of your blogs...I laughed, I cried...it moved me Bob. so I'll be watching you now. and how did I not know/remember that you had a blog?

    ReplyDelete