Wednesday, December 2, 2009

judah nate is eight!

eight years ago today, judah was already six hours old. he was born just after midnight, missing pop-pop's birthday by 32 minutes. its cool for judah though because since he could vocalize his thoughts he's been enthralled with "the midnight"...meaning anything that goes on after dark. so, at some point "in the midnight" my boy turned eight. for months he has been planning his birthday party, which at this point, involves allie (his BFFFFFFF) coming over for a french toast supper and then going to church with us tonight and then his male friends coming for a sleepover friday evening. last year he had allie come WITH his other friends, but he said that this year he wants to have her come separately because the boys have gotten stronger in a year's time and might hurt her this year. earlier this week he said, "i'm supposed to keep her safe.". for now we have two parties planned, and we may add a third before its all said and done.

so today we celebrate JUDAH NATHANEL. my lone boy in a household of girls. when judah was eight days old we had a guest speaker at church who looked at him in my arms and began to pray over him. i got the tape and wrote down the prayer, and it is uncanny how the prayer has come to pass in his life. it was said that he would have dustin's mannerisms, which he definitely does. it was said that he would be such a combo of his mother and father, which is IS--frightenly so at times! and it was prayed that he would be a comfort to his mother, which he has been. judah has prayed almost nightly for me, for my health, for my babies to be strong and healthy, and for our family to be safe. he has a great, childlike faith that makes me smile and puts my heart at ease. his attention to detail, sharp mind, and logical thinking have caused me chuckle many times. judah is everything his name means...a "praised gift of jehovah"...god's gift to me.

Happy Birthday Judah Nate!!

1 comment:

  1. Jess ~ he is all that...and I'm so thankful to be his Ma Barbie:) He brings us great joy!

    love you, Mom:)

    ReplyDelete