Monday, June 7, 2010

Alive

SLOW DOWN SUMMER!  The days are just going by too quickly!  I wait and wait for warm weather, and then its here and gone before I know what hit me!  I am trying to take every opportunity to be outside to soak up the sun and fresh air.  Yesterday was what I imagine the weather in eternity to be like...an occcasional thunderstorm, some rain, and then gorgeous blue skies, enormous clouds, and crisp, clear air...all at about 75 degrees!

The kids finished their homeschool evaluations last week, and I am happy to report that they PASSED!  On to 5th, 3rd, and 2nd grade we go. 

Also, the Lindaus came to visit over the weekend.   Amanda always brings so much yummy food and cooks while she's here.  Its strange that a guest would come and do the cooking, but thats just what we do.  We had a nice relaxing weekend. Baseball games were cancelled, so our only big outing was to Lily's 1st birthday party where we had a grand plan to exhaust the kids in the swimming pool so that they'd go to bed early. 

Reuben is quickly approaching three months old and thankfully is coming out of his fussiness!  Everyone says he looks like a "Turner", although Emily is the only one that says he looks exactly like Dustin.  Most people see the brown eyes and brown hair and say he looks like me.  I think he's just a good combo.  He has a full-body smile and is starting to laugh at our faces.  I think he has my non-touchy nature.  For weeks I have tried to hold him, wrap him, carry him, swaddle him, wear him, etc., and I have recently discovered that he MUCH prefers to sit in his little seat and look around.   He will fuss and fuss while I hold him and then settle in perfectly content when I set him down in a seat or swing.  He is so interested in checking out everything that is going on around him.  Go figure.  I guess after having three very touchy feely children in a row it only makes sense that one would finally take after me and my non-touchy ways. 

In other news, we are in the middle of birthday season.  I neglected to write a birthday blog for Eden a couple weeks ago.  Whoops!  Happy Birthday Eden!!  Since then we've also celebrated with Ma Ruth, Dougie,  and Lily.  Next is Nadia and then Simone and Dustin.  Birthdays, birthdays everywhere!

5 comments:

  1. love the birthdays!!

    every life is worth celebrating!!!

    love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well lookie there! It told me that it didn't post either time! So...now you REALLY know how I feel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to all the Turners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just trying to learn to make a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. on june 7th you were "alive". now, on june 27th...are you still alive??

    ReplyDelete