Wednesday, April 14, 2010

music

i've been on the hunt for some new music to listen to.  i search all over the internet and then freeze up when it comes to buying anything because i'm just not quite sure if it will change my life.  i hate to spend money on a song/CD if i'm not sure that it will have the kind of impact that i'm looking for.  i love when i buy a song, and its life-changing either musically or lyrically...something that i can't stop listening to for days on end.  it drives everyone in this house crazy, but its just how i do music.  but, i've become bored with all the songs that have done this in the past.  i listen to them waiting for them to have some sort of effect...kind of like a drug, but i've become immune.  so, i need some new music.  send me your recommendations.

off the top of my head, here is some of the music that has changed my life in recent years, all of which i still listen to on a weekly basis:

--Derek Webb--couple of songs from different albums
--Waterdeep--Live at New Earth
--Leonard Jones--Bless the Lord--video on youtube
--Waterdeep--Sink or Swim--2 songs specifically:  "And" and "Both of Us Will Feel the Blast"
--Various Waterdeep instrumental stuff
--Enter the Worship Circle 4--songs #5 & 6]
--Various bluegrass songs--these are good for cleaning the kitchen and making me feel happy about doing so.
--Misty Edwards--Relentless--entire album
--Stephen Roach--"Deeper" video on youtube
--Hillsongs--"In Your Freedom" (song that inspired my 'rescue' blog last year)

and i *think* that might be all...

although each of these songs/cds in their own way have been life-altering to me, i'm growing weary of the rotation.  i must find new music for the summer. 

3 comments:

  1. i do the saaaaaame thing with music.

    things you might like off the top of my head:
    - abigail washburn
    - iron & wine
    - gillian welch
    - nick drake

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Suzanne's husband has some cool music. His name is Christopher Williams - I think you might like it.

    http://www.christopherw.com/

    There is also the wife of a guy I used to work with - Noelle Shearer - great piano music and vocals.

    http://www.noelleshearer.com/

    Hope you like them.
    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohohohoho....Misty Edward's new album "Fling Wide". MUST HAVE!

    Sarah Macintosh - (album) The Waiters, The Watchers, The Listeners, The Keepers and me (songs) More Than Hands & My Jesus and her duet with Phil Wickham - Eyes for You

    and my new album...oh wait, I don't have one;-)

    ReplyDelete